Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tanner's 2 weeks Dr. Appointment

First of all, I cannot believe 2 weeks have passed already. Time seems to fly even faster when you have two kids and are sleep deprived. We went to Tanner's 2 week appointment yesterday and I have two things to vent about:

First, the nurse told me to come in at 10:30am. We got there 10:15 thinking I needed to fill out paperwork. They give me the paper work, I'm done by 10:25. After 45 minutes of waiting in the waiting room, with a two week old and a two year old surrounded by kids coughing and hacking, I finally go up to the receptionist desk and ask if everything's okay and that we hadn't been forgotten. The nurse then tells me that my appointment was actually for 11:15am. What?!! You (the dr.'s office) think it's going to take me 45 minutes to fill out 2 pages of paperwork? And you want me to sit in a germ filled waiting room with a newborn? If we had this problem with Lana I would seriously consider changing Dr.'s offices, but luckily with Lana we've been able to get in and get out in a timely manner. Hopefully this will not happen again or else I will be on the hunt for a new pediatrician. (Okay first vent over.)

Second vent, I was thinking about getting Lana a flu shot this year until I got to the Dr.'s office and saw how much they were charging. $48.00 for a stinking flu shot. What a rip off. (Second vent over.)

Okay, now to Tanner. He weighed in at 9lbs. 7oz. and 22 1/4" long. Other than being stripped naked and made to freeze while waiting for the Dr. to come in (thankfully I thought to bring a fleece blanket even though it was 80 degrees here yesterday), he handled his first Dr.'s appt. better than I did.

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

The same thing happened to me at Cohen's 1st appointment except after I had waited for an hour they told me, "you called and canceled your appointment though, didn't you?!" Ummmm.... NO! I was so mad, thankfully we did get to switch when we moved to Ohio!