Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Red Bluff

We recently came across a Mississippi scenic area. It's by no means a national park. It's sadly lacking, but it is interesting enough to go take a look at.

Red Bluff has been called the Grand Canyon of Mississippi. While the Grand Canyon is rock carved from water, Red Bluff is dirt erosion.






I would never take the kids there alone. I had hold of one kid, Paul had hold of the other. There are no guardrails, just a steep drop off.


Not spectacular but kind of impressive for a dirt hole.



Apparently it's "the thing" that you jump down the cliffs and climb up them. I think they're just crazy.







This is probably the scariest part of all, where the road is all eroded away. You feel as though the road could give way at any time.






1 comment:

Katie said...

I'd love to see the Grand Canyon of Mississippi :) I don't know about the road eroding away part. That kind of freaks me out. Pretty cool pictures though. :)