Monday, February 27, 2012

Entering my third decade

At first I thought I would want a big to-do for my thirtieth birthday but as the time drew nearer (and when I also realized it was on a Sunday) the more I wanted a quiet birthday spent with my family. (Oh jeeze, I think I'm getting old...) My only request was instead of cake I wanted sugar cookies. I don't know what happened, but I used to love cake. Now I find myself preferring to eat other desserts instead (in fact, I was just discussing this subject with a friend of mine today). (Wait, is this another sign of my aging??!!)

Paul took me out to eat my favorite sandwich at Fox's Pizza on Saturday night after we dropped the kids off at a friends. And all of Sunday I was treated to spontaneous outbursts of the "Happy Birthday" song from Tanner. Lana made me a beautiful birthday card and was also a fantastic helper making the sugar cookies with dad. I did opt to frost my own cookies since Tanner had a runny nose and Lana tends to lick her knife in between frosts. Lana also pulled the sly mention that it was my birthday in Primary so I was also serenaded by those sweet kids in Jr. Primary. Who would've thought my shy quiet girl would be bold enough to mention my birthday in Primary? Not I!





All in all, crossing over into my third decade was relatively painless and quite enjoyable. I love my little family and wouldn't change them for the world. Hard to believe Paul and I will be celebrating 10 years together in May. They have flown by!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good call on frosting your own sugar cookies! I'm glad you had such a great birthday! :)