With 9 days of no-break-from-the-kids looming over my head and Paul still in New York, I put on a brave face and took the kids to the zoo one day. My first big outing by myself (to a place I've never been before) with all 3 kids. And they were all fantastic!
We hit the sea lion exhibit just as they were feeding them.
It started out a little chilly but it warmed up fast. Perfect day to be outside.
Bald Eagle
Massive Beasts
We ate an early lunch, which was a good thing because we grabbed the last table available and didn't have to wait.
Afterwards we treated ourselves to some ice cream and people watched for a bit.
Then we hopped on the train for a ride.
And there we learned that the train makes stops at the parking lots. And we could have ridden it in for free. Or if I hadn't left the stroller at the station we could've gotten off right across the street from our car. But the kids enjoyed the extra long train ride and it was good to stretch our legs afterward.
One of our crafts we did was paper plate ping pong. However the kids mostly just played who can keep their balloon in the air the longest.
Then we got a surprise package in the mail from our friends The Powell's who moved to Utah in December. We miss them so much!!
Another craft we did was Popsicle stick airplanes. The kids enjoyed coloring them and flying them around outside.
Next came q-tip painting. Which turned into finger painting. Which then turned into hand painting.
On Friday I dropped the kids off at our friend's house while Rachel and I went to the spa for massages, pedicures and manicures. Paul's birthday present to me. It was fantastic! Afterwards we caught lunch at Cafe Express and of course stopped at Pinkberry for some amazing frozen yogurt. I will be so sad when we move and there will be no Pinkberry. Love, love, love their new Salted Caramel flavor!
That night Tanner got to go with his friend Roscoe to a Rocket's game. They got there early and got watches and t-shirts. They had tons of fun playing and watching the game. I'm a little jealous since we haven't been to a game yet! :)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment