Monday, October 28, 2013

Goosebumps and Down Comforters

 These Canadian Geese have been hanging out in our front yard for a couple of weeks now.  They are almost always there in the morning when we walk to the bus stop.  And other than a few geese poop left on the driveway, they leave us alone. We have named them (goose) Bump and Down (comforter).  I haven't seen them hang out in any other lawns so we feel pretty special that they come hang out in our yard.
One day last week they Bump and Down threw a party at our house.  I counted 21 geese.   They came back in the morning (for the after party I assume) but we haven't seen the group since then.  

We've also seen other wild life around the house, Paul saw a few deer in the next door neighbors side yard one night.  There are 2 groundhogs that live in our back yard and also travel to other neighbor houses.  A number of squirrels frequent the trees in our back yard.  And 2 days ago there was a flock of about 100 finches flying in our back yard.  They kept on flying into the family room windows and scaring the crap out of me.

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

All I can think of is all the disgusting poop birds leave behind. Your neighborhood looks really nice. :)