Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dr.'s Appointment

Last week at my appointment my doc ordered an ultrasound to see how big the baby was measuring. According to the U/S tech the chunker is weighing in at 7lbs 13oz. Let's all hope that off by about a pound because I really don't want to be pushing out a 8 or 9 pounder. Lana was very excited to see the baby (atleast I told her that's what was on the monitor and she acted like she was excited). She has also been a great sport at all of my Dr. Appointments, all the nurses there love her and she's always getting a sucker or sticker from one of them.

Well, today at the appt. I had made no progress whatsoever to be on the road to delivery and my doc. must've seen my face and taken pity on me because she gave me an eviction date of Wednesday November 28th. (yay!) First I must say I am actually relieved at the idea of being induced. I don't really want to be in the hospital next week for Thanksgiving (just not the same eating hospital turkey vs. Honey Baked Ham for Thanksgiving dinner). It's also a relief knowing that we can for sure plan on having someone here to take care of Lana. However, I am not looking forward to the next 13 days of back pain and all around uncomfortable-ness. I know I'm crazy for actually wanting to go passed my due date (Nov. 24th) but you know what? That's what pregnancy does to a person, it makes them crazy...just ask Paul.

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

If there is one thing I remember about being prego, it's that last little stretch! I was in so much pain my last few weeks! That's great that you have an end in sight though. Have you thought of a name yet?! I am so excited for you! Good luck in the next few days and keep me updated!!!