Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Checkups

So we stopped in at the Dr.'s office today. I don't want to jinx it, but I do want to say what good luck I've had choosing Dr.'s because I tend to choose blindly without knowing anyone who sees them or anything like that. Amazingly they've all turned out to be great people and we've had good experiences. Our new doc here is young and a guy which is a bit of a change for me, having only had female docs, but good for Tanner. (Paul was definitely pro-male doc) I think however, that I will switch Lana to a female Dr. since she's not pro-doctor anything anyway. She cried the entire time he was doing the basics, which is nothing new. She has always done that. I blame it on the crinkle paper. That's usually what set her off when she was younger. I was extremely happy with my first experience here. Compared with when Tanner was born we waited 90 minutes in the last peds practice surrounded by sick kids and here I was with my 9 day old baby. (I still get mad thinking about that) Today the longest part of the visit was waiting for Tanner to pee into a bag, which was a new experience for me. Never had to do that with Lana. In fact I'm not sure Lana's ever had to give a pee sample.

Lana 3 year stats: 31 lbs. - talked to the Dr. about her feet. Looks like she has no arches and says he will talk with the podiatrist who also works in the clinic to see if anything should be done.
Tanner 10 month stats: 21 lbs. - he's moving very well, looks like he will be walking soon. Doesn't have as many teeth as Lana did at this age and is still gagging on thick foods. Everything seems to be fine down in his nether regions.

2 comments:

Rob Dog said...

No arches! Hu, she must get that from grandma and RaNae!! That is pretty crazy!! Glad everything is good!! At least cute little tanner has teeth, Hayden will be 7 months on the 21st and not a one!! (but don't worry he is already almost 19 pounds!! so its not slowing him down too much!! :))

Manda Panda said...

We had our check-ups this week too, what a coincidence. The whole crinkly paper thing totally set Ava off. As soon as I sat her down on that stuff and she that big mirror in front of her, she freaked. By the way, I tagged you on my blog. Check it out.

Amanda