Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy Bees

We've been busy little bees this last week. I can't believe how quickly the days flew by. We've been out at the house every night this week (except for me on Friday since we had our Fab Friday activity that night...6 hours of craftiness, loved it!). Of course I forgot pictures, but I promise there will be more soon.

We've got a brother from our ward laying the tile for us. He's doing an amazing job. It looks really sharp. The guys who tiled our last house didn't even bother to sweep before laying the tile, you can still see some nail heads and other various things in the tile grout. They also were the ones who scratched up our hardwood floors. I'm so glad we have someone laying it who cares about their work.

We've got almost all of the light fixtures hung, just a few more to go. The sod was laid Friday so we now have an actual yard instead of a mud pit. Unfortunately there was a down pour later that afternoon and the sod by the road all got pushed over from the running water. Yeah, I still hate the fact there's no curb and gutters out here. The grass seed we spread in the back yard is also growing so that's good news there. I had my doubts since I'm not one for growing things, but you can definitely see the little grass blades poking out of the dirt.

We also got our appliances, except they're not in the kitchen since the tile isn't finished yet. But they're here and that's one less thing to worry about. I also love my new fancy schmancy fridge. I've never had one before, and we got a really great deal on it. We keep finding cool little features every time we open and close it. I feel like a kid in the candy store.

Lana had her primary program today. She did such a great job. We practiced her part every day. "Reverence and keeping the sabbath day holy, helps to strengthen my family." They had a practice on Wednesday and a 2 hour practice on Saturday. I think that really wore her out though because when I picked her up after practice the first thing she said to me was "Mommy, I'm tired and I have to go potty." Poor girl. I think that practice was too much for her. She did great the first half of the program today. She stood up and sang with the songs. Then she got bored waiting for her turn to say her part. When it was finally her turn she did go up to the mic and say her lines but she wanted her teacher (Sister Pack) to go up with her and help her. She was so quiet, but she did say them. We're so proud of her!

We're up for another busy week. Paul's hoping to get the countertops done in the bathrooms and utility room, the hardwood floors laid and the plumber in to get his stuff done. Wish us luck!

No comments: