The reason this post is so belated is the New Year has been relatively uneventful. A few of our neighbors were lighting off fireworks at the park across the street so we didn't have to go far for a show. Thankfully they were doing it early (like 9pm). Tanner was absolutely terrified of the loud noises (which is ironic considering how loud that child is) and Lana enjoyed running around with her neighborhood friends. After we were done, Tanner passed out at around 9:30pm and Lana finally passed out at 11pm. Paul passed out about then too. I at least stayed up watching a movie until midnight.
The last few days have been unbearably COLD. I don't like to venture much outside and it's way too cold to send the kids out to play (plus what a pain in the butt it is to bundle them up for the whole 5 minutes they'll stay out in the cold). Lana is supposed to start back to school tomorrow but they're calling for snow/freezing rain/sleet, so knowing the south we'll probably have our first snow day. The low tomorrow night, 16 degrees. High on Friday, 28. (Note to Mother Nature: we live in Mississippi, not Utah. Please keep those nasty temperatures where they belong. Thank you.)
I have no pictures to post because we've been up to nothing. As we speak the children are playing "ram the grocery cart and stroller together" (one of my least favorite games) which will result in both of the toys being put in the time-out closet. Oh the joys of being stuck in the house!
14 years ago
3 comments:
I am glad to see that Mother Nature is willing to share the cold temps!
"Dear Mother Nature,
The cold temps in Utah are just fine. After all, I do live in Utah. But please send more snow. LOTS of it. K? Thanks. Bye"
Your New Years Eve was way more eventful than mine. Hubby and 3 yr. old were out of town for the weekend leaving me and the baby. Very, very quiet night. And VERY VERY pleasant as well. :)
Hope it warms up soon for you!!
Tell me about it! In Toledo we are stuck in the house for about 4 months out of the year until I just can't stand it any longer and begin to venture out in the retched cold while cursing it the entire time. Some people are just not meant for the cold... I am one of them!
Post a Comment