#28 should go down in my birthday history as one of my most memorable birthdays I've had so far.
The original plan was to head to the Baton Rouge Temple for our Stake Temple day. Unfortunately Mr. Stomach virus (who shared the love with us the week before) decided he was not finished with Lana on Thursday night and still Friday morning. So we stayed at home. Before Mr. Stomach virus showed up we had a babysitter lined up for Saturday for Paul and I to go out. Well, our sitter called Friday night with Strep and we most definitely didn't want that in our house in addition to the pukes. So we call around and finally get another sitter lined up. Saturday morning comes around and Lana is still sick. Back up babysitter canceled. By the end of the day I think we were all a little stir crazy and Lana hadn't been sick since the early morning hours and was keeping down food. So to get us out of the house for a bit we decide to head to Outback to try and salvage my birthday. The food was mediocre and poor Lana was just dragging.
Fast forward a week to Friday. Paul calls me up and says the babysitter will be there in 45 minutes. We are going out. And we did. We went and saw Avatar and it was awesome. I haven't seen a movie that I enjoyed that much in a while. Better yet, no sick-whiny-crying kids at my side for 3 glorious hours! Thank you Paul for that fantastic post birthday surprise!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment