
It really was the perfect day to get out and go. The weather was in the 80's, not humid at all. Just fabulous. We walked up and down the streets and poked our head in a few of the shops. Paul spotted a wooden toy car he thought Tanner might like but it turned out to be "a piece of art" priced at $35. Uh, sorry Tanner.



We had great views of the two rivers, the Potomac and the Shenendoah.

We even walked across the bridge to the Appalachian Trail. On the left side of the fence is a rail road track. I made the remark of how intense it would be if a train came by while we were walking the bridge. Not 2 minutes later you hear the sound of a train horn coming towards us. Thankfully it was on another set of tracks a few hundred feet away from the bridge, I think the kids would've freaked out for sure if it'd been right next to us.

I can now say I've been on the Appalachain Trail. Not sure if I'd call it hiking since we only walked about 300 feet of it or so.

No comments:
Post a Comment