Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Paul!

Happy #33! Lana has been talking about daddy's birthday all week. She drew him a ton of pictures during the week and set them aside to put in his birthday card. The kids wanted me to buy balloons this year but frankly I just ran out of time.

(Side story...on Thursday we went to a birthday party at a jump house where they have inflatable slides and jumping stuff. Well towards the end - thankfully - Lana jumped off one and hurt her foot. Badly enough that she couldn't walk. So we came home, I saw it swelling and put some ice on it. I didn't take her to school Friday because she couldn't walk so I had both kids home during the time when I planned to get all of Paul's birthday stuff together. Well, since Lana couldn't walk that meant I had to carry her everywhere or put her in the grocery cart and when Tanner saw Lana in the cart that meant he wanted in too. Then with the two kids in the cart that lead to whining, fighting and a gigantic headache for me so I had to limit my shopping stops. I was also on the hunt for a pumpkin pie which was Paul's birthday cake of choice and did you know that NO ONE has pumpkin pie right now?? I finally had to settle for a frozen Sara Lee one and bake it myself at home. Needless to say I didn't have time or patience to stop for balloons, so maybe next year. Also, Lana is limping around today so we think she either sprained her foot or bruised it. Doing much better today though.)



Anyway, the kids enjoyed watching Paul open his gifts and eat his favorite popcorn (from Target).



We then left the kids with a sitter and headed off to Crescent City Grill to enjoy a fabulous dinner without children. Afterwards we went to Dirt Cheap (surprised? I thought not.), stopped by McDonalds for an ice cream cone and picked up Iron Man 1 & 2 (in Blu-Ray of course...even though I had 3 free regular movie Red Box rentals). Happy Birthday Paul! We love you, Dirt Cheap and all!

1 comment:

The Hardy's said...

Happy Birthday to Paul! Sounds like you had a fun day.