Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mitchell Farms

It's that time of year again when we make our annual trek out to the local pumpkin patch. This one happens to be a working farm where they grow their own pumpkins (as well as other vegetables, fruits, peanuts, etc.). They seem to expand their attractions (and raise their prices) each year we've been. This year was no exception and it was really crowded yesterday. Apparently word has gotten out about this place. Even the schools have gotten in the game, Lana's class is going on the 26th of this month.



Lana still wasn't walking very good yesterday before we went to the farm. I think she was more afraid that it was going to hurt if she walked on it because by the time we were ready to go home she was limping around without any assistance.



The first thing we did was hop on the tractor ride around the farm.


Lana was so glad our friends came with us.


On the farm they have these fabulous fields full of sunflowers. We usually stop to pick a couple on our way home.


Tanner has this slight grin on his face because of what he was looking at. (see next picture)


If you have ever seen Car's (which is Tanner's all time favorite movie), you might recognize this guy as Frank.


After the tractor ride we picked out our pumpkins.


I know, Tanner, it's a tough decision.


Green, White, Orange, Orange-ish/Green-ish....big, medium, or small?





This one looks like it is growing mold.


Good choice Tanner.



Lana on the tire horse swing.


Tanner playing trucks on one of the big piles of sand.


I swear when I first saw this dog I thought it was dead. There were 5 children gathered around him and pushing/petting him and he wasn't moving at all. I'd never seen a dog do that before. Rest assured he's not dead, I guess he's just gotten really good at deep sleeping.




There was this old guy with his grandkids at one of the rope swings. The granddad was watching the kids measly swings. He said "That's not how ya'll swing on a rope. Move over ya little whipper-snappers and let me show ya how it's done."


And he did.



Playing see-saw.



Tanner had a great time with all the push around toys they had. It took him a while to get going in the Flintstone car but once he finally figured it out, he loved it.






For some reason he really liked this old push/ride toy. He kept going in and out of the metal teepees.

All in all it was a fun day.

2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Glad to see that Tanner picked the perfect pumpkin! Hope Lana's foot feels better soon. :)

Walker Family said...

That looks like an awesome pumpkin patch. I can't wait for Nicole to be old enough that she will enjoy that kind of stuff.