Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween

The week of Halloween for us is always extremely crazy. We had a birthday party, 2 class Halloween parties, Ward Trunk or Treat/Fall Festival, Elementary school Fall Festival and a neighborhood Halloween party. I pretty much forgot my camera at all of these events but did at least remember to snap some pictures of Lana and Tanner in their costumes. This was right before the Ward Fall Festival. We had some intense thunderstorms move through that night and so we didn't "trunk or treat" but had it inside around the building. Lame since we actually bought stuff to decorate our trunk this year! Oh well. Paul won the prize for best festival booth, he made a putt-putt hole-in-one game which turned out looking like a real putt-putt hole.




Tanner absolutely loved being Lightning McQueen this year. It's a cheesy costume and Paul didn't really like it but Tanner didn't care about it being cheesy. There were no complaints from him at all. Lana was a beautiful snow princess. It was perfect this year because the actual Halloween night it was pretty chilly.




At our neighborhood party we all gather at the playground, eat, laugh, do a hay ride around the neighborhood and then trick or treat. Well, Paul found this full body gorilla costume at Dirt Cheap and the other dad's in the 'hood asked Paul to spook the kids on the hayride. It was hilarious. There are 3 boys who were talking the whole time on the ride about Big Foot and how he lives in the unfinished portion of our neighborhood in the woods. Paul jumps out and scares the kids silly. We had a good time at the party.


We only carved 1 pumpkin this year mostly because we were so busy we didn't have time to do the rest, plus pumpkins around here don't last very long. 2 days later they grow mold so we carved this one, enjoyed it for a day and it went out with the garbage on Wednesday. But we still have our other un-carved pumpkins for "fall decorations".

I normally enjoy Halloween but this year I am so thankful it's over. I'm tired of hearing the phrase, "I want candy."

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Cute costumes! I would have loved to see the Gorilla jump out of the woods.

Amy said...

The kids look adorable! And I absolutely love your pumpkin!

The Hardy's said...

The kids look so cute! One good thing about going to Disneyland is no overload of candy! If you lived here you could take your extra candy to Steve's office. He's doing a Halloween candy buy back, $1 per pound. ;-)