We were so happy to have Grandpa Jerry here with us for a whole week of non-stop playing of legos, watching the Toy Story movies and eating out at McDonalds! The kids enjoyed every minute of having him around and didn't even bat an eye when Paul and I left for the New Years Eve dance and to see a movie on Saturday.
We headed to New Orleans on Friday to check out the Audobon Aquarium.
It took Lana a few exhibits to get into looking at all the cool fish. By the end she was asking Paul if we could have a fish tank full of colorful fish.
I definitely want one of these in my tank!
The seahorses were my favorite part of the aquarium. Can you find them all?
They are really good at blending in.
I don't know what it is about indoor play places for kids but the smell of them make me absolutely nauseous. This one was especially gross. I made Tanner do double hand sanitizer.
The albino alligator was exceptionally creepy.
Weeee!
Lana and Daddy petting the sting rays
After the aquarium Paul Google mapped restaurants close by so we could go eat lunch. He saw there was a Fudruckers nearby. We happen to be big fans of Fudruckers so Paul went to go find it. It was located in the casino across the street. Unfortunately no one under 21 is allowed inside the casino AT ALL which meant Paul and Grandpa had to go in and get the food then we had to eat outside. Luckily the weather held out for us (it was about 70 degrees but breezy and we were under a tornado watch). Thank you Grandpa Jerry for letting me use your pictures to blog. I need to be better about taking pictures!
3 comments:
The most fun New Year's Eve I've had since Y2K. Lana and Tanner are the easiest kids to babysit ever. Lana was so funny when she got up New Years Day when she said indignintly "Who put me in my bed?" That was after she told me she wasn't going to bed until her Mommy came home. She fell asleep at 10:30 p.m. and I just picked her up, she put her arms around my neck and I dropped her into her bed!
I agree - that albino alligator is creepy!
Looks like you guys had fun! Steve does have a lion fish in his aquarium and they are cool looking. Too bad they will eat your sea horses (and small fish) if they are in the same tank!
Post a Comment