Another school year has come and gone. Lana has finished Kindergarten (passed with flying colors!) and will be starting First grade in 12 weeks. First of all, I can't believe summer vacation is ONLY 12 weeks. Second of all, I can't believe she's going to be a First Grader! Time flies so quickly!
Tanner, my little ham, finished Pre-K 2 this year. I struggled over the decision to put him in preschool so early but I'm so glad I did. He started the year out not wanting to go (I felt so guilty!) and he ended the year telling Ms. Emily he'd see her next week. It was a little rough going for the first few days for me and Tanner. He would tell me, no insist on going to school. I tried to convince him that school was over and no one was there. Eventually he figured it out but every once in a while he'll tell me it's time to start school again. Before you know it, it will be but I will try to enjoy my summer break while I can.
I'm having a hard time getting a picture of Tanner without him being cheesy.
And last of all, Lana finally lost her first tooth! It took six weeks for that bugger to finally come out. She would not let anyone wiggle it. She was terrified that if it fell out that it was going to bleed all over her and she wasn't having any of that. She would tell people that her tooth would fall out when she was 7.
I noticed that it had fallen out on Sunday. The kids had been outside on the porch eating lunch and popsicles and Lana came inside to tattle on Tanner about something. I told her to open her mouth and then I told her that her tooth had come out. Her eyes got all big and she put her finger on the hole. She didn't believe me until she went to look in the mirror. Then I asked her where it was and she freaked out. She thought she had swallowed it. Then she told me that the Tooth Fairy wasn't going to leave her anything because she didn't have her tooth. I tried to calm her down and took her to go look outside before she got all hysterical about a tooth. After a few minutes of sifting through her lunch plate I found the missing tooth on the cement under the table. Whew! The tooth was put under her pillow and the tooth fairy left her two gold dollar coins in its place.
3 comments:
Love the pictures!
Welcome back to the blogging world! I will not be around I'm sure for a while with moving! Your kids are so cute, and I can't believe you have a 1st grader!
Yay! So glad you're back to blogging! Congratulations to Lana and start enjoying your summer vacation...it's gonna go by fast! And I'm a little surprised the toothfairy didn't leave a $2 bill! ;-)
Post a Comment