Tinkerbell cake!
The one major gift that Lana wanted this year were "Twinkle Toe Shoes". The first time she mentioned them (months ago) I had no idea what the heck she was talking about and thought they might be dance shoes (except Lana refuses to take dance so that didn't make much sense). Anyway, I googled them. And then I balked. $40 children shoes. She must be joking right? She thinks I'm going to spend $40 on shoes that she will outgrow in 2 months? Mmm, I don't think so.
Well, her wish never died so we made her a deal. The two grandma's usually send some cash in the mail. We told her that she could use that money and any other funds that she made doing odd jobs around the house to purchase her "totally cool shoes" (as she puts them).
And here they are in all their glory, except they stopped working 2 hours after putting them on. Nice. So I went in to exchange them Tuesday when we got home. Except they didn't have the right size in the same color. So I got purple instead and she was just as ecstatic the second time as she was the first. She also got a few other bday items but the shoes were the icing on the cake! Oh, and did I mention???...They light up every time she takes a step. Something that about gave me a heart attack when I tripped over them in the dark last night...
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Lana! I'm with you, I can't believe you have a 6 year old!
Yay! I'm so glad they let you exchange the shoes!! I see lots of stomping fun in Lana's future. :)
Happy Birthday Lana!!! Love the twinkle toe shoes, just be sure NOT to tell Brityn or Kendyl about them! ;-)
I can't believe you have a 6 year old either! Glad she had a great birthday and eventually got the shoes she was dying for. She's beautiful Michelle :) Hope you're doing well....
Post a Comment