Sunday, June 10, 2012

A post by Paul

So about two months ago I got a phone call asking about any interest I may have in a new career in disaster relief work in Texas. I told him I would be interested in hearing more about it. A few days past and Michelle asks me about an email we received thanking me for the conversation and and consideration in moving to Texas. Michelle calls me and says something like "so is there something we need to talk about?" Well a few days later we were in Galveston interviewing. We both felt good about the transition and after some prayer and some difficult conversations with my previous employer, co-workers, and friends, I gave America's Home Place 3 weeks. I couldn't believe it! After ten years with AHP I was saying my goodbyes. I have now been here a month. Michelle joined me last week after she sold the house and moved the family to Texas (you rock michelle). We now live in the Houston metro area and so far, aside from the bugs (not like Mississippi has a shortage), we like it. We are renting a house for now, it's kinda weird because the house was built by a former competitor, but it will be ok. Work is very busy and satisfying. So that is where we are, freshly moved to Texas, making new friends and ready for the next chapter in our lives.

No comments: