Thursday, July 26, 2012

The latest happenings

 On Saturday we drove down to Galveston because Paul had to check on some job sites.  We tried to make a day of it, but he took longer than expected.  We were going to hit the railroad museum but we were too late to catch the last train ride so we'll try another time.

We decided instead to grab some lunch and somewhere neither one of us has been before.  We chose Papa's Pizza.  The kids enjoyed eating slices of pizza that were twice the size of their heads.  Paul enjoyed a calzone and me a grilled turkey bacon guacamole sub.

 Last night, Sherwin Williams hosted a bowling activity for DSW employees and families.  The kids had a great time.  Poor Paul had to leave early for church duties but we stayed behind and had a good time.
 I am bad at bowling when I am not pregnant.
 I am REALLY bad at bowling when I AM pregnant.


 I use the excuse that the kids don't like to lose, so I was there to help the kids feel better about their bowling scores.  They totally walloped me.
 After some bowling the kids wanted to go over to the arcade zone to play a few games.  Lately they've been obsessed with playing the claw games.  You know, the games where they have all these cool stuffed animals and you try and grab one with the claw and you NEVER get one?  For some reason we can't convince the kids that they're rigged.

Their favorite games ended up being the racing ones.  They had a number of car races, motorcycle races and snow mobile races. 

The first thing Tanner asked me when he woke up this morning was if we could go back to the bowling place today.  I think he had a good time!

No comments: