Saturday, May 3, 2014

At the park

 There is a small park down the street from our house that we frequent often.  More often than not one of the kids has to go pee or remembers they forgot to grab their water bottle (like I told them 30 seconds before walking out the door) before we've been there overly long.

Lana has also gotten into the "selfie" phase (side note, I just spelled phase as faze - I need a vacation).  She is constantly asking to see my phone so she can take a picture of herself, usually with Porter.
 Porter loves the park.  Right now he loves to walk around and point at things.  I will ask him, "what is that?" He usually replies by holding his hands up and shrugging his shoulders, like saying "I dunno".
 We went Yard Sale-ing AKA junkin' (there's your redneck word for the day) and found this push tricycle.  It's perfect for Porter because his short little legs can't quite reach the ground or pedal completely on his own.  And he loves it.  As per his expression in the above picture he is very serious about his riding.  Nothing is getting in the way of this boy and his bike.
Paul and I celebrate 12 years of marriage bliss this year!  After we took the kids to the park we left them with a babysitter and headed to downtown Tom's River for their annual food fest.  It was of course nothing like the Taste of Chicago I went to with Suzie and Steve (too many years ago to remember) but it was great to walk around and eat different types of food.  We settled on Gyros for dinner and split a salted churro dipped in dulce du leche for desert. Best thing I've eaten in a long time!

No comments: