We moved to Jackson and 3 weeks later our welcome wagon arrived. I was so glad Lana was still nursing and I didn't have to worry about food for her. Our power went out around noon and was out for only about 24 hours. It was still hot and humid in the apartment since we didn't have any air flow and couldn't open the windows because it was raining. Our apartment building lost a couple of siding pieces and the windows leaked and a few places water leaked in through the walls. Lucky for us Paul's work office retained power through the entire thing. We made our way over to the office (amazed at the amount of debri and power lines along the road) and reveled in the air conditioning and watched the news covering the damage reports. Not something I'd want to go through again, so we're hoping Gustav veers more west!
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment