Mondays are usually my clean-up-after-the-weekend day which involves pretty much cleaning the entire apartment and doing laundry. It is all day encompassing. Yesterday however, I took a break and while Tanner was down for his 2 hour nap (which is when I'm able to do the bulk of it) I played with Lana instead. By the time evening rolled around most of the apartment was still found wanting. Everything only half done. So instead of preparing our FHE lesson I was cleaning and folding and putting away while watching DWTS. Afterwards exhausted, I flop down on the couch looking forward to watching my tivo'd Chuck, Lana says "Mom, we
need a lesson". (Need is a favorite word of hers BTW, I
need a sucker, I
need a cookie, I
need candy.) Unsure of if she's actually referring to FHE I ask her "Lesson?" And she proceeded to tell me in Lana jibber-jabber language about how in another lesson we learned how we need to say sorry (which was actually 2 weeks ago). I am continually amazed at the things Lana learns as we teach her.
So our lesson last night was "I can be Happy".

We colored our happy/sad faces. Lana loved role playing with them and when it was time to clean up she took the pictures and placed them on each of our nightstands. It was extremely cute. So a big Thank You to Lana for helping a tired mommy and daddy remember to have FHE.
1 comment:
Lana--
You are just too cute!!!
Post a Comment