Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Things of note

A few things I've learned over the course of the last few weeks:
  • Tanner is not a good teether. You know when he's teething when he starts grinding his teeth together and gets incredibly fussy. Also, I must have a good stock of Tylenol for nighttime or he will only sleep in 4 hour increments.
  • Tanner is a good shopper. I dragged him all over creation for about 4 hours today and not one peep.
  • Lana is one smart cookie, but she doesn't discriminate. She wants to be a princess for Halloween this year. Lucky for me she's happy with the $13 princess dress instead of the $50 one.
  • Lana is a picky eater. Unless she's starving. When she's starving she'll clean her plate and probably some of mine.
  • I need to be a better plan-in-advance person. The weather turned cold this week and it was only then that I realized my kids do not have any pants or long sleeve shirts to wear.
  • Tanner can now say "mama", "dadda" and "Lana" which sounds just like "mama" but with his tongue sticking out.
  • Lana has finally accepted that there is such a thing as a number 4. For the longest time when counting, she would always leave out the number 4. Today I heard her counting to 10 (trying to race Tanner across the floor) and was happily surprised to hear the number 4 in there.
  • Do not put your bread next to the case of soda in the trunk. You will most likely end up with a flat loaf of bread. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can do with a flat loaf of bread?

1 comment:

Stuart and Kimber said...

one word for you: ducks. Ducks will eat anything!