Monday, March 9, 2009

Tanner's bathroom fetish



This is Tanner plateaued on the side of the bathtub. And yes, I left him there long enough to run to grab the camera. And yes, I told Lana not to help him until I snapped a picture. Why you ask? Because this is not the first time this has occurred and quite frankly I find it really funny. I'm not sure why he doesn't swing his legs over the tub to get in, grab the toy, and then get out. I guess that just hasn't occurred to him yet but I'm sure it will.

Warning: Gross story ahead...Proceed at your own risk:

On Saturday as we're getting the kids ready to head out for the day, I'm sitting in the family room when all of the sudden I'm hearing splashing coming from the kids bathroom. My brain is trying to process what's going on because I know the tub is empty, Lana isn't playing in the sink because she's sitting next to me. The only thing I can conclude is that Tanner is splashing around in the toilet. After a really, really fast run down the hall my worst fears are confirmed. Tanner is splashing in the water. Pee water. Ew. Disgusting. Disturbing. Nasty. You name it, it went through my head. Thankfully he was merely splashing with his hands and none of it got on his face, body, etc. just hands and arms. After a severe scolding and multiple scrubbing down of arms and hands and a new shirt (just in case) he was set free only to run into our bathroom and do it again. At least it was clean toilet water this time around. Still high on the gross level for me.

Then on Sunday I heard slapping coming from the bathroom area. Slapping is a big no-no in our house. So go to investigate and I find Lana on the potty with Tanner standing next to her. I ask Lana why she hit Tanner. Apparently Tanner was trying to get to the toilet water while Lana was trying to pee. Luckily she hadn't peed yet. I probably would've done the same thing as Lana so I let that slapping incident slide.

I also feel like I should explain why there was pee water left in the kids bathroom. Our toilets in the apartment are really hard to flush. So hard that Lana can't do it, so whenever I pass by the bathroom during the day I flush for her, but I don't necessarily follow her every time she has to go potty (unless it's #2). So for the last couple days we have been working on reminding Lana to close the bathroom door when she goes potty and to also close the toilet lid when she's done so Tanner doesn't play in it. I don't remember Lana having this kind of bathroom fetish, but then she wouldn't go more than 3 feet away from me at all times when she was that age.

3 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

She is also a girl. Nuf said.

:)

Grandpa Jerry said...

It could have always been worse! Atleast he has a creative imagination.

The Hardy's said...

Ryder was leaning into the toy bin the other day and the next moment all I could see were his feet sticking out! I wish I could've gotten a picture! :)