Sunday, August 16, 2009

Invasion of the house flies



Front Entry. I'm so happy with how this turned out. Although the plans call for the outside of the brick arch painted white. Paul and I can't decide if we want to do that or not.



What do you think? White or not? And yes, the brick is still incomplete. We ran out of brick. Again.



Lana playing on her bridge. The kids have really enjoyed playing at the house. I'm not sure what they're going to do once it gets done and all cleaned up.


Lana was mad at me because she thought I was only taking a picture of Tanner. She cracks me up. Here's Tanner giving his squinty cheese grin. He wasn't having a very good day. Most of it consisted of time outs in the car (with the AC on of course).


Paul is a man of many talents. His new one now is electrician. (Thanks for all your help Dave!)


Sheetrock in the Family Room.


Sheetrock in the kitchen/dining area.


You really need to click on this picture and enlarge it to really get the full effect. Since we started building we have had this influx of flies. They are disgusting and horrible and they are everywhere! It is so gross. We hung some fly paper and caught a few, but there were still a ton flying around congregating on things. They really seemed to love the front door.

4 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Looking good!

The Hardy's said...

That fly paper is totally disgusting! Does that mean there are a lot of flies in the area? Good thing you'll have a screened porch!

Challey said...

That is totally gross! I looove your front doors. They are gorgeous! Not sure about the white or not, but I think that it would make the arch really pop and show off the doors better. Either way, looking awesome!!

Stuart and Kimber said...

Those flies are VERY gross. Not a big fan of painting but I do agree, painting works sometimes! Good luck with that one! (I'm totally not going to go there. Sorry. Not much help.)