Sunday, September 13, 2009

The pink glow

Can you see it? That pink glow coming from Lana's room? It's called weakness. And where Lana is concerned, Paul is weak. She's got him tied around her little pinky and she knows it.






In the 45 minutes it took me to run to Lowe's, Lana had Paul convinced that her room was the wrong color (it wasn't pink). I never in a million years thought I would paint any room in my house pink. I like the color pink, don't get me wrong, just not as a room color. But it's not my room. It's Lana's. And if something so small and insignificant as in having a pink room makes her happy, then who am I to tear her happiness into shreds?

I also need to remember that it could've been worse. Her first color pick was Hot Neon Pink.



The rest of the house is Nomadic Desert and Hopsack (a darker brown). Oh and see that puddle of water on the floor? Yeah, the AC leaked. Nice.

This weekend Paul and I have been working hard on getting the outlets and light switches in. Paul actually let me put together some of the outlets. I now know more about the standard power outlet than I ever wanted to know, but it was a nice change of pace to be doing something other than picking up garbage and sweeping out the house.

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Looking good! Lana will always look great in pink. . .I just don't want to ware pink. And, Michelle, I know where to come now the next time I need an electrician

S Palfreyman said...

Our girls room is pink too. Pixie dust of course. And our whole house is Hopsack! Great colors...Great minds!

S Palfreyman said...

Our girls room is pink too. Pixie dust of course. And our whole house is Hopsack! Great colors...Great minds!