
I'm not sure what distressed Lana more, me cleaning the wound (thankfully there was no rocks or anything large embedded in her face) or seeing herself in the mirror.

I kept the poor girl home Monday to watch for infection. Thankfully none. Then Tuesday she was adamant about not going to school because she didn't want anyone to see her owie.

So we spent the day making special beds on the floor of the family room and watching some favorite shows.
I finally had to force her out the door Wednesday and wrote a note to her teacher telling her what happened and hoping DHS wouldn't show up on my doorstep. But she made it through the day and everyone was so caring. Her teacher even sent back a note saying they'd make sure to be more sensitive to Lana about her owie (she is still a little self conscious of it).
I am amazed at how quickly her wound has healed. You can see considerable progress each day. Now we just keep our fingers crossed that she won't have much (or any) scarring.
2 comments:
Ouch! That looks like it hurt. Glad it is fading quickly.
Yikes! Poor thing! :(
Post a Comment