Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Day of School

I cannot believe it is already that time of year. Summer has flown by and gone are my days of sleeping past 7am (sigh).

On Tuesday we went to school and met Lana's new teacher Ms. Green and her assistant Ms. Karen. We are really excited about having them both (especially Ms. Green). Lana was so excited about going to school last night, she told me that she was going to wake up with a big happy smile on her face (the complete opposite of last year!) and she did!


The drop off went smoothly, no tears from either of us! But I always have the sad feeling of leaving her behind when I leave. I know she's in good hands but still I worry. That's my job though, right??


Tanner was not happy that he was not going to school. His preschool does not start for another few weeks.





Happy first day of school Lana! Can't wait to hear about your day when you get home!

First Day UPDATE: I am happy to report that the first day of first grade was a complete success! Lana stepped off the bus covered in sweat (another reason why I think we should start school later in the year, say end of September to April) but still happy. She then went on a non-stop 15 minute long play-by-play of her day, which has never happened before. All her previous answers would be (I dunno, I forget... or It was fine). It was FABULOUS! First Grade is turning out to be a complete 180 from last year (I hope it lasts!).

My day was fantastic. Errands were run with no fighting-screaming-whining children, just a bored Tanner. Poor thing kept asking where Lana was and when she was coming home. He finally gave up around 1pm and fell asleep with me on my bed. (yay for naptime!)

We celebrated by taking the kids to Gatti Town tonight, which turned out to be perfect because it was almost completely empty! It might just become our new "First Day of School Tradition".

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Can't believe summer is almost over and school is starting! You may have to get up before 7:00 a.m. but once Tanner starts school you can come home and take a nap.
:-)

Stuart and Kimber said...

I'm soooo jealous. I've never gotten a play by play of their day EVER!!! Congrats Mom! (Ok, congrats to Lana too! :) )

Here's hoping that first grade keeps being fabulous!

Julie Sacks said...

School already! I can't believe it! I am with you, it's too early for summer to be over!