Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School

 I think it was a toss up as to who was more excited about school amongst the three of us.  After an extra long summer (MS schools got out 3 weeks before TX schools), a big move and a mom ready for some schedules there was a big sigh of relief from all of us.
 Tanner loves his new preschool.  He is only going 3 days a week, but his school hours are longer (which I love, I can actually get things done while he is gone!).  Another major plus is he gets used to eating lunch at school and being in a school environment for a longer period of time.  The sad part is I get lonely eating lunch all by myself when he is at school.  Then I remembered that I won't be a lone for much longer so now I'm just enjoying it while I can. It took me a while to find a place for Tanner in a preschool, I cannot believe how competitive preschools are out here.  But I am thankful I found a place and that we are happy with how things are going so far.  I also just want to say though, how much we miss his old preschool.  I loved how organized and efficient they were, there are a few things with this new school that could use some of that organization and efficiency but I digress.
 Lana was particularly excited to start at a new school this year.  I took her with me when I went to register and her eyes were big the entire time we were walking around and she kept commenting on how new and nice the school was (the school is only maybe 4 years old).  Meet the teacher was an even bigger plus for her because her teacher Mrs. Marquez is FABULOUS!  She is upbeat, bubbly and a great student motivator.  Lana's last two teachers were closer to retirement and just weren't cutting it for her.  It's amazing how much smoother this year has started off just because Lana loves her teacher.  It also helps that school starts later and she can wake up on her own instead of me dragging her kicking and whining out of bed in the morning.  She still loves to ride the bus which other than having to walk 10 houses down to the bus stop (instead of the bus stop being in front of our house) it's totally worth it.  Her bus ride is only about 15 minutes instead of the hour in MS and the buses here have A/C which I still don't get about the crap buses they have in MS.

Love my little goobers!  So glad the start of the year has gone so well so far.  Hopefully it will last!!

No comments: