Sunday, August 17, 2014

Manhattan Temple & Shake Shack



I had the opportunity to go to the temple with some friends from our ward while Paul kindly stayed home and watched the kids.  It's surreal to see a temple in Manhattan, surrounded by all the people, traffic and noise.  But once you step inside it's just as familiar as all the other temples I've been inside.

A few notes to remember.  It's expensive.  You pay tolls to drive into the city and you pay to park.  The bigger your car, the more you pay.  If you go early Saturday morning, the parking garage on the other side of the temple will validate you parking and it's only $10 or $15 dollars.  Otherwise it's $50.  They do have clothing rental there so you don't have to haul your stuff if you decide to ride public transportation.


And a plus to the temple?  Shake Shack is only a 15 min walk away.  Truly the best burger I've had.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

No comments: