Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yay potty!

Lana voluntarily sat on the potty today! For some time now I've been asking her if she wants to go sit on the potty to go poop around the time she normally goes. Everyday she's said "No", so I really haven't pushed the issue (especially since I'd rather change diapers than clean up accidents). So anyway, when she woke up from her nap I asked her if she needed to go poop, she says "yeah". Then I ask her if she wants to go poop on the potty, she says "yeah". So we go sit on the potty, sing one verse of Old MacDonald, and she says she's done. Of course she didn't do anything, but it's a small positive step in the right direction. It's funny the things I get excited about now that I'm a parent.

I just thought of something funny I saw on TV the other day. I don't know if anyone has seen the show John and Kate plus eight on the Discovery Health channel...anyway, they have a set of twins and sextuplets and the sextuplets are potty training. In the episode I saw Kate (the mom) took pictures of the kids sitting on the potty and then a picture of their actual poop with the kid standing next to it. Seriously grossed me out, but it was so funny. The length some moms go to documenting the growing up process. I promise I will not be posting (or even taking for that matter) those kinds of pictures. (Insert here, older Lana and future children sighing major relief.)

No comments: