14 years ago
Friday, May 16, 2008
Economic stimulus payment
Guess how we are going to stimulate the economy? Movies? Date nights? A cruise? Vacation? Something fun? Spending it on something completely worthless and that we don't really need? Perhaps some of it. But a big chunk will be going toward the purchase of a new car seat for Tanner. He had actually outgrown his car seat by his 4 month Dr.'s appointment (he was 26 1/2 inches and the length limit is 26), but I didn't realize it until recently that he seemed too big for the infant one (oops!). Seriously, how did I not see this coming? Luckily we love Lana's current car seat and are just going to buy another one of those but in a different color. Oh, and a new stroller (because he's too young to be sitting up on his own yet we can't use our current umbrella stroller). Fun, yes?! And may I just vent for a minute on how frustrating it is trying to decide on what stroller to buy? I am a very indecisive and with all those options I have to consider (do I want a sit and stand or a regular...light weight or heavy duty...spend $50 or $800 - ok, I would never spend $800 on a stroller...green or orange...cup holder or no cup holder...) it's not a pretty combination. (insert any type of scream of frustration of your choosing here) I actually love buying new things for the kids, it's deciding what to buy is the problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck finding the perfect stroller...we just bit the bullet and bought a double! We went with the Graco duo glider so both kiddos could nap, have cup holders and shade. Oh, and mommy gets a cup holder and it also matches the car seat. Whew!
That stimulus check was awesome. Travis let me buy a Dyson (best vacuum ever) and I get a new washer. Love it!!!
Strollers certainly can be a pain to pick out- especially when you are looking for a double stroller. I, personally, can't stand the tandem style strollers and went for a side-by-side for Jackson and Mason. It's like two umbrella strollers connected (but doesn't fold up nearly as compact) with the added bonus of being a little taller in height making it more comfortable to push (especially for the taller dad). We splurged on ours and got a Macleran when Costco was selling them for about $80 off the regular price- it was still over $200. I absolutely love it.
Post a Comment