Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sunday naps with Daddy


I admit that taking naps with dad is an excellent picture subject, but quite frankly drives me crazy. Not because I'm jealous, but when I have to put her to bed I have to put up with "go sleep with daddy (or me if daddy isn't around) on couch" in a very whiny voice and tears when we don't give in. When we do give in, that results in bedtime being pushed back 30 minutes and quite frankly I enjoy my child-free evenings. Lana used to be such a great sleeper, but lately she's been phasing out naps (insert many tears of sadness here) and has been getting out of bed after we've put her to bed. Today I gave her the choice of nap time or mommy quiet time. She chose mommy quiet time and spent about 40 heavenly silent minutes in her room. It also helps that they're framing a house 2 lots down and she has an excellent view of the comings and goings from her window. Anyway, it's a small price for me to pay because Paul gets to spend some time with her after having to put up with her as a baby when she was not a daddy fan.

No comments: