Both Tanner and Lana love to pull the movies off the shelf and push them around the floor. The new game this week that pushed me over the edge was called "take the inserts out of the cases and see how far they will spread through the apartment".
Well, this morning I happened to be checking out Thrifty Decor Chicks Blog who's hosting an Organize and De-clutter party today. There were a couple of posts about organizing movies and one girl had taken all her movies and put them into a large cd case sans their plastic cases. Perfect! What do I need the plastic cases for other than for the entertainment of my children and torture of myself? So I sauntered down to Target to see what they had to offer. When I located their cd cases, I noticed these super cute cd storage boxes on sale for $10. They had red or brown, I opted for the brown since my throw and throw pillows are maroon, not red.
30 minutes later, a nose full of dust, and voila! I feel so much lighter and happier when I look at my goober-covered-chipped-up-really-needs-to-be-retired tv stand. I only bought one box, not realizing how many movies we really had. I also didn't take into account that many movies come with multiple discs (ugh!). So I think I'll be making a trip back for another one. The movies on the left of the photo are the "You couldn't pay me enough to watch these again" movies (any takers??). And while I was taking the movies out of the cases, I was just throwing the cases into a pile in the middle of the floor. Tanner was actually rolling around in the pile having the most fabulous time in the world. Wish I'd gotten a picture of that, it was so cute!
8 comments:
Umm. . .reminds me of some activities in a former time, perhaps involving a little girl named Michelle :-). They are so darned cute when they smile, how could you ever be mad at them!
I know just what you mean, I hate looking at Cohen's books that he get's out on an hourly basis. So if you have a good suggestion on books, let me know!
I have the same problem!! Hayden pulls the DVD's out EVERY DAY!! I pick them up at least 5 times a day! I have run out of places to put things that are high! When people design houses why don't they think of this! Put shelves and draws up HIGH!!! Great idea on the box though!
We bought what was labeled a "sideboard" from Ikea a few months back to replace our old tv stand. I picked it out specifically because it has doors that would allow a child latch to be put on so we reduce the pulling out of the DVD's. Child latches aren't perfect, and they can still get in the cabinet, but now they have to make a real effort, which seems to be moer than they want to do. Now they just dump out the toy bin that is in our family room.
Great idea, we store movies in a basket that Ryder has a hard time pulling out. I'm sure the time will come when that will change. :)
This is Paul...I want to tell you about some of the movies in the "trash stack" on the left of the picture...in the stack: planet of the apes and adam sandler movies. These are gems to be treasured up for future generations. Michelle...please find room in your box for them!!!
Do the DVD's have any type of covering or are they just next to each other? I'd LOVE to get rid of all the DVD cases!
Yes, there are individual sleeves inside the box which hold and protect the movies. Each sleeve holds 2 movies (one in front and one in back) and has a label on the top which you can write the titles on so you don't have to flip the box around to see the movie.
Post a Comment