Did you know that Key Limes are not very big? And one lime does not yield much juice? And that I had to juice 21 limes by hand for enough juice for this pie?
The result? It was good! It kind of tasted like a lime sherbert.
Click here for Paula Deen's Key Lime Pie Recipe.
5 comments:
Good job Michelle! I think I've only ever had key lime pie once. Was it hard to find 21 key limes in Mississippi?
I love Key Lime Pie. . .did you save me a piece? :-)
I didn't realize you guys have been married for 7 years. It seems like yesterday. I am impressed you did 21 limes....that is love.
I made that with my mom a few summers ago, and it was really good... but not really worth all the squeezing work for me, so that is why we haven't had it since. Paul was really excited about it though. He didn't want a snack while he and Cody were at our house. He was saving himself for your pie :)
Okay so I had to laugh. Key lime is still a favorite around our house. So much so that Matt made us plant not one but two key lime trees in our back yard. So October through March each year, we can have key lime pie, key lime cheesecake, key lime juice, and just about anything else a key lime can make, we make. I know exactly what you are thinking and you are so right...."that's so Matt!!!" We miss you guys tons and tons and tons!
Post a Comment