Monday, March 2, 2009

Lana's first primary talk



Picture taken today after she took her ponytail out...argh, a mother just can't win hoping for decent hair for pictures.

Lana gave her first talk in primary yesterday. She did such a great job! For such a shy girl, she repeated most of the words and even ended it all by herself. She wasn't too fond of hearing her voice in the microphone (honestly neither am I!). She loved giving her talk and gave it (in her own words) for Tutu when she called today.

This was my first experience writing a Sunbeam talk. I had completely forgotten all about it until Saturday afternoon. My first draft I read through it and had to remind myself that it was a 3 year old having to give this talk and I probably shouldn't use big vocabulary words. I wish I could've found better clip art and pictures for it, so if anyone knows a good place to find any let me know! It's times like these when I wish I had artistic capabilities.

I was going to make Paul get up there and help her so I could sit back and enjoy it, until I found out this week's theme was about Daddy responsibilities. I think it would've been a little humorous to have Paul up there prompting Lana to say things about himself.

1 comment:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Congratulations Lana. I wish I could have heard your talk. Maybe you can help me with my High Council Talks some time. :-)