We really felt like we needed to do a garden this year. So Paul, as the EQ President planned a "Manrichment", did some gardening research, got together the materials and we put together these gardens. Everyone who showed up took their gardens home to their own backyard, but since we don't have one we are borrowing the church's for now.
Hopefully in a few weeks these little squares will be full of veggie goodness.
We planted things like tomatoes, romaine lettuce (we hope those take, but I think we might've planted too late), red/green/yellow peppers, jalapenos, cantelope, watermelon, carrots and even beets (only because Paul wanted to be a "Beetdigger" literally). For those few readers who didn't know me in high school, my mascot was a Beetdigger.
Let's just hope that Paul's thumb is greener than mine because I am a plant serial killer. I have killed every plant I have ever owned except for an ivy. And that sweet plant could go weeks without water and look like it was dead, then I'd water it and it would miraculously come back to life. Sadly it didn't survive the move to Mississippi.
Lana was a super helper in planting.
Tanner...not so much. His type of gardening mostly included the throwing of dirt.
This is the other ward's garden, it's already starting to sprout. Unfortunately a big chunk of it got washed out from all the heavy rains we had last week.
Lana is obsessed with picking flowers. She is not picky even if it's a weed. If it looks like a flower then she has to have it. Lana told me she picked these "very boo-tiful" flowers for me so we took them home and put them in water.
3 comments:
I love the "manrichement"! What a great idea! You are so on top of things.
Your garden looks great. Can't wait to see how things pop up. We still need to plant ours! Anni is crazy about picking flowers too. We always have a colorful center piece for the table. Tanner's toothy smile sure is cute. Thanks so much for the pie and all your squeezing efforts. It was sooo delicious. Missed you last night at book club; those Home Place Men sure put in the hours!
We did this kind of garden last year and it worked out really well! Good luck with yours, I'm sure it will work out great!
Post a Comment