Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fun at Kings Dominion

It was almost a perfect day to be at the park. The weather was a little warm but at least it was overcast most of the day making it bearable. It wasn't crowded at all and we didn't have to wait in line for many rides. It was fantastic. The kids had so much fun riding all the rides in kiddie land. Tanner had an anticipated meltdown after we had lunch so I took him to the car to let him sleep. He slept about 45 minutes and then woke up happy as can be. After that we took the kids to the water park where they enjoyed splashing around in the kiddie pools. Of course I have no pictures of that since I didn't want to get the camera wet.






The Merry-go-round.



Old fashioned cars.



The kids seemed to have fun on the bumper cars until they got pushed into a corner and Lana couldn't get the car out. She cried until the ride was over. Oh well. Tanner didn't seem to mind.




All the go-in-a-circle rides were a big hit.






Even the adults got to ride some rides.

It was a good, but long day. Lana was asleep within 5 minutes of getting in the car and Tanner conked out after eating some dinner. On the way home we drove through the most intense lightning/thunderstorm I'd ever seen. It was like a strobe light there was just lightning strike after strike. It was amazing and yet a little bit nerve racking at the same time. We were seeing lightning almost from the time we left the park to the time we got home. I wish I'd had the camera within reach to take some of those lightning pictures.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's been years (8?) since I've been to King's Dominions. Lots of good times were had there. I don't know if I would have taken on the challenge of going with young children, so kudos to you!

Stuart and Kimber said...

You are SOOOO on the ball. I bow to your blogging expertise! (I'll get pictures up...eventually.)

Looks like fun!