Friday, June 19, 2009

"Mommy, what's that smell?"

I think we've hit that stage of how many embarrassing questions can my kid say loudly and in public? This is Lana's favorite question. "What's that smell?" It is not said in a sweet innocent tone. It's in a very loud accusatory tone (with a hint of a southern twang). Insinuating that you are the culprit of the smell invading her sweet little nose. However, most of the time it's an everyday smell such as dinner cooking, something baking, or the after-vacuum smell. But it never fails that every time I hear her say that, I sniff around the apartment to make sure that nothing is actually stinky. She's making me slightly paranoid. Sometimes she asks that question over and over again just to have something to say. That's when I answer with "It's you." Then she sniffs her armpits and with a big grin says, "No it's not! I'm perfect."

No comments: