Monday, February 8, 2010

Michelle vs. the laundry room



Today I have done 6 loads of laundry. All of which are folded AND put away. (I still have a few remnants of last week's laundry sitting on top of the dresser, so that's saying a lot.)



A couple of weeks ago I spilled some OxyClean on the floor. At the time I reasoned with myself that as soon as I got all the laundry off the floor then I could sweep, vacuum and mop. Then the kids got sick so I pulled the rug on top of the said OxyClean and more piles of laundry were dumped onto the floor. Some of which were "emergency" loads ie. the ones I pick up with a plastic bag (or gloves, or something not covered in gross-ness) so other non-emergency loads were pushed to the back of the line on the floor. And my laundry room has been neglected until today.




Today I conquered my laundry room. It will probably not last for very long, but I would just like to document that today, my floor is OxyClean and laundry free. PS, I would never show a picture of my dirty laundry room. It would give you nightmares.



A big thank you to Peyton Manning for winning the AFC Championship (sorry you lost the Super Bowl, but I did enjoy watching the Saints win!) so that Nabisco would send me a coupon for a free bag of OREO's. Yum! Of course, I will have to wait to eat them until I can taste food again and also be able to breathe out of both my nostrils. The kids so lovingly passed on their sickness to me.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You have NO idea how jealous I am. Your laundry room looks great. And I'm glad you took pictures of it. I was hoping after reading your post I would be more motivated to take on my laundry room. But that hasn't happened. :( So, if you need something to do feel free to come by (or fly by) anytime :)

Good Work Michelle. I hope you've enjoyed it!