Monday, February 1, 2010

That's a little pathetic

Having only 2 posts for the month of January I mean. Really, that is a blogging low for me. I don't know if it was because I'm all blogged out or if it's just because nothing interesting enough to blog about has happened. Sad.

Here's a few Tanner episodes: Last night Tanner found a bottle of baby powder right before he took a nap (this is one of the downsides of his big boy bed, his new found freedom to roam when no one is looking). Luckily it was travel size. He spread it all over his room. And I mean all over his room. Bed, chair, changing station, bedside table, lamp, carpet. Even after I vacuumed everything there was still a cloud of powder hanging around in his room. It gave me a headache from smelling it all night long. We finally decided to put the humidifier in his room in hopes that would help some and thankfully it did.

Then this morning I caught him with a jar of Vick's Vapo Rub. Luckily I got to him before he smeared it onto anything more than his hand and a little on his face, but still. This child is causing gray hairs in me quickly. If he's not causing havoc with that type of stuff, he's calling people on my phone. (Yes, he knows how to unlock it and call Paul. Multiple times.) If he is quiet for more than 30 seconds I know he is into something. I've had to fish him out of the toilet a couple of times last week. The first time he was making bubbles with the shampoo bottle and the other time he decided to "go potty" ( lucky for me he can't take off his diaper yet) and he fell into the toilet, bum first. It tried not to laugh too hard but it was so funny. All he would say as I pried him out and changed his now soggy diaper was, "I fell potty mommy". I have now locked the kids' bathroom just to keep him out.

Lana is doing pretty well with school and all. Her confidence has grown a lot. She now volunteers in Primary as well. It's so fun for me to watch her answer questions or raise her hand to be a helper. She's come such a far way from not wanting to say a word or do anything. Yesterday at church they had a matching game for sharing time and she got up there and was able to make a match with no one's help and earned herself a cookie. I was so proud of her!

It looks sad that the paragraph about Tanner is much bigger than the one about Lana, but I am thankful I only have one crazy child and not two. Lana is out of the terrible two's stage and is a good girl (for the most part). I'm not sure Tanner will ever be out of that stage...he is such a stinker but he is also super smart and cute. It's hard to stay mad at him for long.

2 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Hang in there. . .Tanner is smart and that is why you think he is always in trouble. A few years from now you will be surprised at how many things he will be able to do.

The Hardy's said...

At least when Tanner fell in the toilet there wasn't anything else in there. :)