Monday, October 24, 2011

Disney World - Monday



First stop of the day, Hollywood Studios. When we first arrived, the park wasn't quite open yet so there was a big crowd of people waiting to dash to the much anticipated Toy Story ride. So our first goal of the day (thanks for the tip Morgan) was to go straight for the Toy Story Fast Pass line. By the time we got there our times were 10:55-11:55am. So we wandered around, went to Disney Junior, and stopped to take pictures in New York and San Fransisco.



Grandpa in his hometown, kind of.

So after this, we went back to Toy Story but were ushered out because the ride was broken. Nice. So we went to Honey I shrunk the Kids play area. After about 20 minutes I was getting hot, sweaty and irritable so I made everyone leave. We decided to go check on Toy Story again and just as Grandpa was asking the status, the doors opened and we were some of the first to get in so our wait wasn't bad at all. The ride was so fun, I rode with Tanner and he really had no idea what he was aiming at but we had a blast. It's a 3-d ride that whips you around to different screens and you shoot at targets. Some how Paul beat me.



After Toy Story we headed to the Indiana Jones stunt spectacular.



That was very neat and pretty funny.



Lightning McQueen! I think Tanner would've loved to have had a Cars ride. I'm surprised they don't have one yet.


Mater - Tanner's obsession. He keeps telling me he wants to be Mater the Firetruck for Halloween. Not sure how I'm going to pull that one off.

Other things we enjoyed while at Hollywood Studios, The Great Movie Ride (a little scary for the kids) and Voyage of the little mermaid.



After Hollywood Studios we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom to ride what we missed in the rain and to ride a few of the kids' favorites again.

We caught the parade right after lunch. Lana wasn't really that interested in it until the Princesses started showing up and one of them waved at her.






One princess waving to another.


Waiting in line to drive a "race car"


Paul letting me chauffeur him around. I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the road while taking the picture. Good thing I couldn't hit anything.



The family in front of Cinderellas castle.


Posing with the Grands.



Ah, the sword in the stone. I know somewhere there's a picture of me posing in front of one when I was 4.





Other things enjoyed at Magic Kingdom, Buzz Lightyear (not as good as Toy Story but still fun. I beat Paul this time. Somehow Grandma beat us all by a couple hundred thousand points. Still not sure how that happened :) ), It's a Small World, Dumbo again, Mad Tea Party, Aladdin's magic carpet ride, Monsters Inc., Laugh Floor (this show was really funny. It's done live and the people that do it were really quite good. Their comedic timing and improvisation was awesome.) and The People Mover.

We had such a fun time and of course didn't even get to everything we wanted, but there's always next time!

No comments: