It turned out to be a very memorable trip! We left Thursday night and spent the night in Daphne, AL. We drove all day Friday (with Lana in the 3rd row asking how far we were from Disney 30 minutes in to the 8 hour drive). The kids did pretty well on the drive down. The weather was beautiful until we hit Ocala. And then it started to rain. and rain. and rain. And it didn't stop until Sunday afternoon. We watched the news Saturday evening after the day we spent soaked in the Magic Kingdom and found out that Orlando had a record breaking 6.5 inches of rain that day. Lucky us!
We invited Grandpa and Grandma to come along with us. The grandkids don't get to spend much one-on-one time with them when we get together with the whole Judson clan so we thought this would be a fun way to do that.
Magic Kingdom - First up, the carousel.
Grandma and Grandpa taking pictures.
Waiting to ride Winnie the Pooh.
Looking on the positive side of all the rain, our wait times were not bad at all!
Our first character sighting. Donald! Tanner was all about meeting the characters and taking pictures. Lana (predictably) did not like this. I was starting to get worried about the large sum of money were were about to spend on Breakfast with the Princesses on Sunday.
Woody!
I made the decision NOT to bring our SLR camera at the last minute. I didn't really want to haul it around all day and with the chance of rain I didn't want it to be ruined. I'm glad we didn't bring it but at the same time, the picture quality is just not the same.
Excited to be waiting in line to meet Tinkerbell!
Terrance. He was a little weird.
Tinkerbell!
After this photo the kids wanted to go ride Dumbo again so we did. While we were standing in line it just started to pour. We sat down in the Dumbo car and had 3 inches of rain just puddled in the bottom. At the end of the ride we were all pretty much done for the day. We went back to the Hotel (we stayed at the Hilton right across the street from Downtown Disney) to dry off. We went to dinner at the Cracker Barrel and went back to the hotel to dry out our shoes and crash.
Other rides we rode, but no pictures were Mickey's Philharmonic (I LOVED this one, the kids did too), Dumbo (twice), Snow White's scary adventure (probably shouldn't have but it was so fun to hear the kids scream "I want off!", and Disney Railroad.
2 comments:
Gotta love the necessity of ponchos. :) I love the first picture of Tanner trying to catch rain drops in his mouth though! :) (Or at least that's what I'm guessing he's doing :)
Looks like a lot of fun despite the rain. Lana and Tanner always look soooo cute!
Post a Comment