Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our traditional Santa picture

Lana started crying the moment Paul picked her up to take her to stand in line. I tried prepping her before the party, telling her Santa was going to be there. We practiced saying what it was she wanted for Christmas. Then I asked her, are you going to tell Santa what you want or are you going to cry? Cry was her answer and she did.


We don't have full blown tears here yet. And I don't know why the bottom part of the picture is yellow. Oh, and I probably shouldn't tell her that Santa is played by one of her soon to be Sunbeam teachers huh?





There, we go, now that scene looks familiar! See Tanner on bottom right of picture casually lounging, waiting his turn.






Yeah, that didn't last long. Now both kids are screaming, poor Santa. Felt bad, but sure makes for a good picture! Everyone thought it was so cute.






I'm pretty sure Tanner was only crying because Lana was. If we'd done him first I think he would've been fine.



Thank you Lana for continuing our traditional cry on Santa's lap picture and putting up with our horrible parenting just so we can have a couple of pictures like this!

3 comments:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Lana is the smart one. I wouldn't sit on somebody's lap that was dressed that way either! I don't remember for sure, but I doubt that her mommy ever sat in Santa's lap without a protest. :-)

The Hardy's said...

I love the picture with both kids screaming. :) At least you got a picture with Santa...I only got one of Brityn running away!

Julie Sacks said...

Ahhh... priceless, TWO kids screaming on santa's lap, and I thought it looked cute with just one kid, I'll keep my fingers crossed for next year :)