Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We're improving!


...in some areas. Tonight we had a repeat lesson of "I can obey" but I changed it to "I can listen" because that seemed to be a recurring problem the last few days.

We had stopped by Target earlier and saw these Gingerbread kits. They had a Train, a House and Santa's Sleigh. Of all of them I thought Lana would choose the Train, but she preferred the sleigh even though she didn't know what it was. I say it was a good choice as it was the simplest one they had and compared to our last gingerbread kit (see Halloween FHE) it makes us look like professionals. Okay, not professionals but at least not incompetent.





Surprisingly even the candy and frosting were edible. We think our Haunted House was last years model because everything tasted so gross. If you look close enough you'll see I included Rudolph as one of the Reindeer. He is after all famous enough to get his own song unlike the other Reindeer.
Another funny story today: Lana was helping me make chocolate chip banana bread and her job was to peel and smash the bananas. I had 4 small bananas and helped her do the first one so she could see what I wanted her to do. She did #2 just fine, then asked me to come do #3. I asked her if she wanted to do the last one. She said "No mom. I'm very tired. You do it." Oh, okay. I didn't realize peeling bananas was such hard work. So I peeled it and started to smash them all together. Lana pipes up and says "No, no no! I do it!" So I relinquished the smasher tool and let her have at it. What a sly little character. She didn't want to bother with the boring peeling job, she wanted the fun smashing job.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Lana was sooo cute on Sunday! The older Nursery girls that are becoming Sunbeams in January came into Primary for the first time this past Sunday. Lana was sitting right by her teacher. The Primary President was doing Sharing time where the kids got to come up and put a felt character from the advent calendar onto the manger scene. Lana just STARED at what was going on. She was asked if she wanted a turn....she shook her head "no". Then with a little coaxing with her awesome Nursery teacher....they went up together (about 2 feet! :)) At the very last second....Lana got just too nervous and hurried back to her seat. It was precious!!

The Judsons said...

Thanks for sharing that, that was so cute! Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall to watch her go through her new experiences! She might start out as the quietest one in primary, but I won't be surprised if after she warms up she'll be the chattiest :)

Challey said...

You little sleigh is so cute. So many moms do that sort of thing with their kids. I am beginning to think I might need to try it. Well, maybe next year.

The Hardy's said...

Your sleigh looks awesome! We did our gingerbread house last night for FHE...it looks creative. :) Of course, I was in the store today and Brityn found a Disney Princess gingerbread castle she just HAD to have. Maybe next year.

Grandpa Jerry said...

Lana is sooo adorable! Come and build me a gingerbread house!