I'm going to admit it. I'm not really that into Christmas this year. It's hard to get all excited when 3/4 of my decorations are still in the box because they won't fit in the apartment. There are lots of things weighing on our minds (and I'm sure everyone's) this year. Last year I was so excited for the holidays I made Paul put up the Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. (I was 9 months pregnant and could barely roll myself off the couch.) This year we just put up our decorations on Saturday. And no, that's not our actual tree, but we did have to revert back to using our old tree instead of our new one we bought last year. (sigh)
Okay, that's enough depressing thoughts for today. I will leave you with what we wrote on our thankful leaf garland 2 years ago (a family home evening activity)...which I found while going through my decorations.
Things Michelle is thankful for:
- Kleenex. Without it I'd have more snot on my clothes than I do now.
- Digital Photos. So I can take lots of pictures of my snot face covered child.
- Modern Conveniences. I'm a wimp without them.
Things Lana is thankful for:
- Paper. It's fun to play with.
- The Word No. Otherwise she couldn't say anything else.
- Post-it notes. They're good fun to pull apart.
Things Paul is thankful for:
- Michelle. She keeps my life interesting.
- Concrete. Because it has the same expansive properties as steel.
- Toilet paper. "Otherwise I'd have to use my hand." (direct quote)
I'd also like to add that I am thankful for Paul and his ability to keep me laughing even when things get a little depressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment