Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's the small things

We had to renew our lease today and we thought our rent would go up. Luckily for us the complex isn't full so they let us continue another 6 months at the same rate we're at now.

The pot-smoking college kids who live in our building were out playing on a motorcycle. They ended up running into the tire of one of the vehicles in the parking lot. Thankfully that vehicle wasn't ours. I don't think there was any damage done, but still. And Lana witnessed the whole thing. After it happened she yells at me "Oh no! Mommy, the car is broken!" I don't think there was any damage except something had fallen off of the motorcycle.

Tanner thinks that when I have the hiccups, that it's the funniest thing ever. And then he imitates me and laughs even harder. Then when I tell him it's not funny and then hiccup in the middle of the sentence he laughs even more.

I picked up all the toys in the family room while the apartment fix-it guy a.k.a. "Handy Manny" was fixing our leaky faucet in the hall bath. Before he was even finished both kids had almost 1/2 of the toys back out of the box and onto the floor. I even caught Tanner with his head in a box throwing toys behind him just to empty the box. I don't think I will pick up the toys in the middle of the afternoon again.

Despite the days where I am constantly putting one or both kids in time out, Lana and Tanner have these super cute moments together which softens my occasional frustrations. Today they both cuddled up on the couch with their favorite blankets and played peek-a-boo together and laughed at each other.

1 comment:

Julie Sacks said...

I can't for the life of me remember when Tanner was born! How many months apart are him and Cohen cause Cohen just turned 19 months. Anyway, I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile and some times just out right laugh!