(This is actually a post school picture as I completely forgot to take one this morning.)
The first thing out of her mouth when Lana woke up this morning was, "Mom, I wanna go to school." I'm thinking yay, this might not be so bad! So we eat some breakfast, get dressed and hair done, get Tanner up and ready. We go to put on shoes and she says, "I don't want to go to school now". Oh great. So I plaster on a big cheesy smile and go through once again what we're going to do. She seems to calm down once we get out to the car and she's got her new backpack in hand.
We get to the school and I walk her inside. It's quite an overwhelming scene since they gather all the children into the foyer to check them in and separate them into classes. She is essentially glued to my leg, I'm having a hard time juggling her and Tanner. (I can't put Tanner down because I will blink and he will be off wandering off somewhere amongst the chaos completely unconcerned about my state of mind.)
Once we get into the classroom she relinquishes her steel grip and immediately starts to warm up. Although that was about the time I had the overwhelming urge to grab her and run out of the building. I had just witnessed a rowdy scene of 2 boys from her class. But I take a deep breath and see that Lana is quickly acclimating and thankfully her teacher (Ms. Lynn) has effectively handled the incident. 5 more minutes of chatting with her teacher and I'm off for a few hours of free time. It was rather a strange feeling but nice at the same time. Although I was very happy to go pick her up. She was quite the chatterbox for the next hour or so telling me everything that they did today.
I'm not sure she realizes she's going again tomorrow because we kept telling her for the last 4 days that she's going to school on Tuesday. So when we asked her this evening if she was ready to go to school again tomorrow she kept saying, "no, I go school on Tuesdays". Hmmm, tomorrow might be a rude awakening for the both of us.
4 comments:
Crazy, Lana in Pre-school!! A great break for mom though!! :)I am sure she will LOVE it, she will have so much fun.
Cute!!! I'm glad she's happy!
Yay! I'm glad she did so good on her 1st day. So is she going on Tues/Thurs?
So cute! I remember when the boys started kindergarten, they didn't think they had to go back after the first day. In their little minds they're thinking...yep, I went to school...I'm done now.
Post a Comment