Saturday, May 30, 2009

A quiet Saturday

Paul and Lana have gone to the Madison house one last time to tie up some loose ends before we close on Thursday. (Whoo-hoo!! Still keeping our fingers crossed just in case.) Tanner and I opted to stay home versus drive separately in the car. So it's been a pretty quiet day. I did run 2 loads of dishes through the dishwasher, went grocery shopping with only 1 kid (in and out of Walmart in less than 30 minutes--on a Saturday!), made some chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed my quiet time while Tanner took a 3 hour nap. I think this will be my last quiet Saturday for at least the next 4 months so I'm taking full advantage of it and trying not feeling guilty especially when Paul called to tell me that it took him 2+ hours to mow the lawn because the lawn mower kept breaking down on him.

We went to the pool last night to try out the new floaties I bought for the kids.


It's called a PuddleJumper from Stearns. It's the best thing I could've done for Lana this swimming season. It allows her to be completely independent in the pool. She loves it and doesn't mind wearing it at all unlike the inflatable arm floaties. She does so well kicking her legs and moving her arms, taking her all over the pool. She was so confident she was jumping to Paul and blowing bubbles in the water. Amazing for a girl who screamed the first 6 months of her life whenever we gave her a bath! Tanner still needs some practice with his, but I think he's also a wee bit under the weight requirements which might be a factor. Regardless he doesn't mind wearing his either.

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Cool floaties--where did you buy them?

The Judsons said...

I bought them through Kodiak Outback. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.kodiakoutback.com/detail.aspx?ID=2115

Stuart and Kimber said...

I want to see them on! They look cool.