Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Lana's Christmas Program



In the rush out the door, I completely forgot the camera so we only had Paul's small work camera to work with last night at Lana's Christmas Program. Better than nothing but we didn't get any good still pictures. Just 2 video clips.

Lana was so excited to be in her program tonight. She kept asking me when we were leaving and if it was time to change into her program clothes.



The program included dinner which was a taco bar. While we were waiting for our food, Lana's best school friend Gracelynn and teacher Ms. Monika came and sat with Lana to chat. Ms. Monika was happy to report how much progress Lana has made just in the last few weeks. She's finally started to come out of her shell and participate in being class leader when it's her turn. She can even recite the pledge of allegiance (with a little bit of help). We've also noticed here at home how much more talkative she is. When she goes to bed at night, she likes to have long conversations with us. They always start out "Hey mom (or dad), I want to tell you somethin'." Last night it was a couple of somethings. I love those conversations. They are my new favorite part of the day.

The program itself was cute. Poor Lana was squished in between Gracelynn and Ava and at one point in time gets pushed down. She also got really sad toward the end because she had been looking and looking for us and was never able to see us. In her defense there were a lot of people there last night and we started out on the wrong side of the room and had to move to get a better view of her which put us in the very back. Next time I will think to ask her teacher where she'll be sitting in the program. They'll have an end of the year program in April so I'll be sure to be better prepared for that one!

1 comment:

Grandpa Jerry said...

Good job Lana. I wish I could have been there to see the program1